Parents, Teachers and Guardians
We understand that at these unusual times, there are lots of families and teachers who are having to find new ways to engage their children. At the Heart of England CRP we have compiled a list of websites that have some fantastic activities for children (and adults) of all ages. We hope you enjoy them and please do get in contact if there are any other amazing resources you think we could share.
- Community Rail Network - A list of educational and creative community rail and railway related resources to keep your younger, and older community railers occupied during this period of lockdown.
- Network Rail - The new Awesome Railways resources for schools will teach more young people about careers on the network. The Awesome Railways leaflet and animation tells children why railways are vital to Britain and why science, technology and maths (STEM) are so important to their development.
- Shakespeare Birthplace Trust - Educational resources for children aged 4 - 14. Bundles of fun, free and creative activities with strong literacy links.
- Shakespeare's England - List of Warwickshire attractions available to tour online as well as online activities and links to local shops offering online services.
- Stratford Literary Festival - Share videos of stories read by their brilliant authors or draw along with some best-selling illustrators.
- National Trust - Inspiration for things to do on your own or with your family. A wide range of craft, baking and 'things to do at home' ideas.
- FutureLearn - Explore online courses to continue studying, build professional skills, and connect with experts.